What is the goal of the Moms & Moms to Be Program?
The goals are
- To help you achieve a safe and healthy pregnancy
- To help you deal with concerns and needs during and after pregnancy
How Does the RDPCN Moms & Moms to Be Program work?
Currently your doctor refers you to this program. You will meet one of the family nurses in your family doctors clinic and can discuss a wide range of topics that may be concerning you. You will then have an opportunity to work with the family nurse throughout your pregnancy to address any further topics. After the baby is born, if you have any further questions we are here to help.
You will receive a phone call from your family nurse to arrange an initial meeting at your family doctors office. This is an opportunity to
- Get to know your family nurse
- Explore how your pregnancy is going
- Assist you in making positive informed choices during your pregnancy.
(click headings to expand)
- www.bestchance.gov.bc.ca Up-to-date, practical information and useful tools for women, expectant parents and families with babies and toddlers up to 3 years of age.
- www.onlinebirthandbabies.com Free online prenatal program where you learn about healthy pregnancy, labour and birth and the first days at home with baby.
- www.motherisk.ca Answers to your questions about the safety of prescription and non-prescription medications, the use of tobacco and street drugs during pregnancy and breastfeeding and how to manage nausea and vomiting in pregnancy.
- www.newdadmanual.ca Answers to a guy's basic questions about babies, new moms and new dads. Developed for fathers by fathers get to the cool part by answering your