LET'S TRY IT: OUTDOOR GYM EXPERIENCE
In partnership with the City of Red Deer, 10 Outdoor Gyms have been installed in neighborhoods across the City. Outdoor gyms are comprised of 12 double fitness machines selected to give a broad based general workout.
FACT: Nearly half of all Canadians say they don't exercise.
As part of our health promotion campaign 'Let's Try It!', Red Deer Primary Care Network is challenging Red Deer residents to come out and try the gyms. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner, or you have an established fitness routine, you can get a fun and effective workout here, and it's FREE!
Primary Care Network Health Coaches will be on site to meet you, answer any questions you may have about the equipment, and demonstrate some ways to maximize your workout. See schedule
Why try the Outdoor Gyms
1. Variety in your activity routine keeps your mind and body engaged
2. There is one in your neighborhood - Outdoor gym locations
3. Easy way to get friends and family involved
4. They are free and simple to use
Benefits of using an Outdoor Gym 2 - 3 times a week:
1. Increase your strength
2. Increase your energy
3. Improve your range of motion
4. Increase your metabolism
Ways to get the best workout
1. Invite a friend or family member to increase your accountability and motivation
2. Walk to and from the Outdoor Gym
3. Do up to 15 repetitions of each machine with minimal rest between
5. Stretch after you have done each of the exercises
6. Focus on doing it right. You can visit the Red Deer Primary Care Network website for techniques and tips on using the outdoor gym